- Blender Learning slowly but surely. Has come to replace Maya and After Effects for me.
- Unreal Engine The center of my creative world right now. Pulls Blender and storytelling work together. Currenly sticking with 4.27 for Movie Render Queue.
- Affinity Desinger/Photo The key to ridding myself of the Adobe Suite replaces Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Final Cut Pro X Weapon of choice for video editing. Consistently blazing fast without too many crashes.
- Logic Pro X Like video editing software, I tried a range of DAWs and ended up with Logic.
- I’ve made a few podcasts. Some of my favourite extra tools for podcasting include:
- VSCode The best editor for me. Tried a bunch over the years and VSCode still works.
- ITerm2 Nice upgrade from stock terminal.
- Hugo Go to for simple sites.
- Elxir + Phoenix Dabbled with Rails in the past but this stack has stuck for me for small apps or web based tools for Unreal Engine.
- Postgres You’ll find no Blockchains or NoSQL here.
- Render Switched from running on Digital Ocean, workflow is really nice. However I am giving Fly a look at the moment.
Day to Day Software
- Things My long standing to-do list app. I’ve seen all kinds of systems come and go, but Things stays consistent year after year.
- Craft After switching from Notion, Craft feels snappy and with new extensions can do some powerful stuff.
- Favro New favourite for team collaboration. Works well with game developers and non-technical people alike.
- Safari For general use and Brave for when I need something Chromium based.
- Cron Has taken the spot Fantastical used to own.
- Mimestream This one appeared out of the blue and has finally relieved me from the clunky but familiar Spark.
- 2021 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) M1 Max with 32 GB of memory Recently upgraded. It’s a great machine but has it’s quirks.
- Pro Display XDR Took the dive on this last year and I’ve got to say aside from the restrictive connections it’s the perfect monitor.
- Logitech MX Master 3 or the [Apple Trackpad](https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MK2D3Z/A/magic-trackpad. They move the mouse around the screen.
- Logitech MX Keys This keyboard is great for switching machines, and also leaving the third preset empty for when my cat runs across the keys.
- B&O H6 Mark II for precision audio. They’re discontinued these days, so I tend to have my eye on Ebay buying up backup pairs. I also use AirPods Max for general listening.
- Nest Wifi For the internet.
- StayGo USB-C Hub Has been the only hub that’s stuck around for me and not failed.
- Logitech Brio 4K Webcam It’s the only thing that would go on the XDR.
- Mac Mini 2020, M1 Originally purchased as a test machine for Apple Silicon, it’s now become the under the stairs file and home app server.
Last updated: 2022-01-25